What I made today

I bought this lamp from IKEA b/c I fell in love with the shape and I planned to paint the base a bright red or green. Then I saw this cake on pinterest and was inspired by it to decorate the lamp shade instead. If I decide I hate it later on all I have to do is peel off the sticky letters and paint the base as per my original plan!



I had this bag of sticky letters in my crafting closet just waiting to be used for something:
I used a red sharpie to color each letter:Once they were completely dry I stuck them on to the shade in a haphazard way. I would have liked to have used smaller letters but this is what I had on hand and didn't feel like dragging 2 sick kiddos to the store so I went with it:

This is what it looks like lit up: I still plan on painting the walls and I need some bedding and wall art, but this is what I've got going on thus far. Now you can see what the headboard I made looks like with stuff in front of it.

Comments

Jenni said…
LOVE IT! So simple and so cute, especially with the rest of your decor.

Popular Posts