Long time no write...

So it feels like it's been forever since my last blog entry. I've been trying to work more days to make some extra money to fund the mission trip I'm planning to Ethiopia, so I have less and less time to upload new pics. We're doing really good, Michael's still waiting for the Navy to get his paperwork organized so he can start flying again, I'm working a lot to try to make up for the lost of one year's income, and Ezra is growing and developing like a weed! I LOVE BEING A MOM! I mean really... it's superb. I adore my son! He's just been such an immense blessing in our lives and he makes us smile and laugh every day. I look at him and it just makes me want to adopt a million more. Today he had his second to last appointment with the infectious disease doctor b/c he's almost done with his TB meds and they drew his blood and he didn't shed NOT one tear. He sat there like a champ and took it. We were shocked that he did so well. I think Michael was worse off then Ezzy. We went to Shreveport and Redell this weekend on a mini road trip for Michael's grandmother's 80th birthday (Ezra was a hit of course) then to see my grandmother and cousins. It was great to see everyone but I am so glad to NOT be driving. Ezra is just in love with his Papaw! I think he would be just fine if Michael and I left for a month and he was with his Papaw, they are like 2 peas in a pod. Some of the pics below are of Papaw feeding Ezra his first popsicle. The other new think Ezra's doing is he's finally attached to 2 things, a stuffed animal (a little sock monkey) and a crucifix we keep in his room. We usually would just start the day by showing it to him and pointing and saying "Jesus", sometimes he would kiss Jesus. Now he will get it off of his dresser on his own and just stare at it and give Jesus kisses which usually means putting his entire head in his mouth :)
My mom said that she thinks it's like he's seen Jesus before, like he was with him when he was abandoned and took care of him. I like her theory and I hope that his relationship with Jesus will continue to be strengthened and blossum as he gets older.




Ezra will carry around his crucifix while he's playing. He doesn't like to put it down.




Giving Jesus a big kiss :)





Comments

Melodie Monberg said…
That cross is as big as he is! I LOVE IT!!!

Melodie

Popular Posts