All grown up...

Michael has been in Italy/Malta for the past few weeks on a short deployment which means I have been treading water trying to keep from drowning, while I wait for him to get back. Keeping up with the kiddos while working has been exhausting, frustrating, and lonely. I adore my kids and they make me happy everyday, but they also make me want to run and hide in my closet at times :)
Libby's teething and we've all been plagued by some stomach bug that just won't seem to go away. What has been the most exciting thing about this time though has been to see how much Ezra has stepped up into his big brother role and how amazing he is as my little helper. I am surprised daily at how little I expected of a 3 year old, and what they can actually do on their own.
I have been so blessed to have Ezra as a "helper" during this time and he impresses me everyday. We've kind of developed a routine during bathtimes and in the mornings to get both kids ready in a timely manner. Well the other day I'd given the kids a bath and I handed Ezra his towel to get dried off and usually I'll put Libby in her exersaucer and then go and dress Ezra, but by the time I was turning around to walk back into the bathroom he ran into the kitchen and he said, "Mama, mama LOOK!" And this is what greeted me:

Ezra had managed to put on his shirt and pants and even his socks and boots all by himself. well sort of...
His boots were on the wrong feet...

and his shirt was on backward AND inside out, but still I was just so proud of him. 
If I ask him to get my Libby's diapers or bibs he knows where they are, he likes to hold her bottle for her to eat, he loves to hold her little face in both of his hands and say- "hey my pretty girl", he lavishes her with kisses and wants to be the first one to tell her "Good Morning", he knows to throw away something he's done with like his juice box or yogurt, he'll feed the dogs and let them  go outside to potty, if he spills something he'll run to grab a towel to wipe it up, if he hears the baby crying he HAS to alert me right away - "Mama, MY baby is crying go check on her!", he knows to pick up his toys at the end of the day, and he loves to say his prayers at night.  He's just the most awesome little human and I can't believe he's only been on the Earth for 3.5 years!

Comments

Paula said…
I love how he dressed himself. What to go, little dude.

Popular Posts