A bit of this and a touch of that...

So it's been forever since I've posted and I feel terrible about neglecting the blog so much lately so I finally made myself sit down to do a quick post. First of all did you guys see this dress that Michael made on Project Runway last night???
I mean seriously, he made this in a day with a $350.00 budget. He didn't win the challenge but I think it's one of the most beautiful things I've seen in a long time.


The other day I couldn't find Ezra anywhere, then the dogs actually gave him away... he was having a blast playing underneath Libby in the exersaucer.


Why afros and Christmas trees don't mix...


Ezra was crawling beneath our tree and popped up with a surprise in his hair.


For Christmas my grandmother sent me this beautiful huge pearl and diamond ring as an heirloom piece.  This is the first piece of jewelry that has ever been passed down to me from anyone and I just adore it!  I can't wait to pass it down to Libby one day.



My Libby is named after my grandmother Elizabeth, "Libby".  A friend of hers brought back this pendant from Egypt with the name Libby in heiroglyphics for her years ago and she also passed this down to my Libby.  It has VERY SPECIAL meaning with our Libby's history which I will be able to share with you guys once she's adopted.  It was a perfect gift and I'm sure she will cherish it always.

A quick update:
My mom had her first chemo treatment last week but hasn't had any negative side effects yet and was actually able to go to New Orleans to see LSU play at the National Championship game. (insert heavy sigh and sad face here).  She has 5 more treatments to go but hopefully she'll continue to be able to deal with them okay. 
Libby cut her first tooth last week!!!  How a tooth can be so darn cute is beyond me, but I have to look at it everyday.  :)  She's still teeny tiny and at 8 months old I am finally able to move her up out of her 3 month old clothes. 
Yesterday Ezra and I went to tour a local private school near our house called All Saints.  It's a really nice school with a beautiful campus.  I was thoroughly impressed though the tuition is a bit shocking.  Ezra will be 4 in June so he would be in the pre-K class so the teacher was telling me how they are working on their writing and showed me their journals with their letter tracings and free drawing, etc.  I had to look away because I found myself getting teary eyed!  The kids just looked so grown up and it was like real school and I just couldn't believe my baby boy will be writing his letters soon in his own notebook... it was such a small thing but I guess it just hasn't hit me that he's not a baby anymore. 

Also I have been neglecting blogging so much b/c I have a new addiction... Pinterest!  I used to find things I loved and post to them to the blog but now I can just pin them, so be sure to check out my pinterest page by clicking on the button in the side bar to come and see all the fun finds, great food, and beautiful decor!

Comments

Paula said…
I love the picture of Ezra with his special hair ornament. The ring and cartouche are both beautiful and will be very special to your little Libby. I wanted to tell you that I have a lovely niece named Libby, and she is named after my husband's aunt Elizabeth, who was also called Libby. I love the name Elizabeth and the nickname Libby is so cute and old-fashioned. Can't wait to finally see a picture of your little sweetie.

Popular Posts