Notes from the vet ward...

Last week I had a family drop off an old dog to be put to sleep. When my technician went to get the dog he was nearly comatose and had to be wheeled into the clinic on a stretcher. The owners then told the technician, "If the Doc thinks it's not what we think it is then tell her to do what she can." So my technician then asks, "well what do you think it is?", to which the owners replied, "Death". So when I go back to the treatment area and see the dog I actually thought he was already passed. I asked my technician what was wrong with the dog and he said, "apparently it's a case of 'Death' but if you don't think so then you need to call the owners."

I'm not trying to make light of this family's situation and even though it was sad I have to admit that this gave me a bit of a giggle.

Comments

Popular Posts