What I want for my birthday


*click on the collage above to expand*

This year I decided to try and use my 30th birthday (August 13th) to do something for someone else. Charity:Water is a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations. 100% of all proceeds directly go toward their projects.
The basic idea is that instead of gifts people should donate the dollar amount of your age (ex. $30.00) or more if they wish :)

Here are the facts:
$20 means one person can get clean water for 20 years.
$250 means two families of six can get clean water.
$5,000 means clean water for a community of 250.

So I have set up a fundraising page at: http://mycharitywater.org/beckyburk

Please share this with anyone you think may be interested. My goal is to raise at least $1000.00 by August 13th.

Comments

Popular Posts