DIY Spring Wreath

I have been meaning to make a bright and happy wreath for my front door for weeks now. I started making the fabric "yo-yo's" last week I think and my glue gun died so I had stuff laying around for a while and finally decided to make it happen and buy a new one and get it done. The colors I picked are ones that are in the flowers in our front yard but obviously you can go with whatever look you like for this project and it's really pretty easy.


Here's what you'll need for the monogram:
moss sheets (bought mine at Hobby Lobby)
wooden letter
hot glue gun

I bought the sheets that have a paper backing. Super easy to cut and mold. Glue the letter to the moss paper and cut out leaving ~1/4 inch around to use to fold over the edges. Finished "B" Now for the actual wreath:


I bought a floral foam wreath and this burlap type fabric. Cut the fabric into strips and use to wrap around the wreath. Overlap each "wrap" by 1/2 to decrease the transparency if you use a linen type fabric. I made these fabric yo-yo's over the period of a week while watching movies or when Ezra was napping. Click here for a tutorial on how to make fabric yo-yo's. For these chiffon and tulle flowers I used the tutorial I found HERE.

I hope you guys like it!

Comments

Jenni said…
LOVE your wreath and moss letter! you have been busy working on projects this week! LOVING all of the birthday party stuff too!

Popular Posts