Another party post and printable freebies!

How I made the treat bags for Ezra's party:

Here's a preview of the finished product:


First I created some printable tags and used my 1.5" scallop punch to cut out their shapes:



Here are the FREE printables for your own use. Just click on the image below to enlarge and save to your computer then add your own text and just click print!





I bought these handkerchiefs, train whistles, and sheriff stars from Oriental Trading. I wanted to make them into little treat pouches, so I folded a handkerchief in half to make a triangle then halfed it again. I then placed the whistle and star on top positioned as pictured below:

Next I just folded the botton point up and tucked it under the whistle and then folded the top of the triangle over:


Lastly, I took the 2 ends and tied them together in the middle to make a little pouch:



Then just wrap up with your hemp twine and add your cute little tags and voila!

The finished product:


I bought this sign at Hobby Lobby for $0.75 after Valentine's Day and knew I'd come up with something to do with it.


I decided to add some chalkboard contact paper to the front. Mine had been kept all crumpled up in my scrap drawer so it's really crumpled. Usually it's nice and flat but mine is a bit messy.


Since the edges were off I wanted to cover the rim of the sign so I had this ribbon also in my scrap drawer and hot glued it along the sides. I also went over the contact paper a few times with some chalk and wiped it off to give it that chalkboard type look.

My mom had brought me this great old wooden box to use for the party so I decided to make it my goodie bag box. I just folded over the metal hanger and placed the edge of the box b/w 2 coils so it would hold the sign onto the box.

Here it is all together:

I also put all the drink labels on bottles of rootbeer and cream soda. I attached the striped straws with some red washi tape. I bought the vintage wooden box from Eziba which is great for an added element of the "general store" theme but also makes it easier to transport the drinks to the party.


Here's a close up of the printables I used for the bottles:


I bought these little bamboo sporks online for dirt cheap and I think they are pretty adorable! Great for small hands, biodegradable, and look super cute in this mason jar.




Supplier listing:
straws - Pebbles in my Pocket
Goodie Bags - Oriental Trading
Bamboo sporks - Green Feet
Buckaroo bottle labels - Loralee Lewis

Comments

Jenni said…
ok, ezra is seriously going to have the most adorable birthday party ever!

you are doing a great job and i love that you are working in advance to get this done and you aren't going to have to scramble at the last minute to put it all together (which is so what i do...i am taking notes from you)!
Anonymous said…
Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [23 May 02:15am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Popular Posts