If the shoe were on the other foot...

You guys may remember me posting about some designs I did for a little girl named Samantha that she put into little bottlecap necklaces and sold for $5.00 to raise money for shoes for the kiddos at the Children's Hopechest care centers in Ethiopia. The kids got their new shoes yesterday and here are some pictures Karen (child sponsorship organizer) had posted to her blog. I love seeing my little Meskerem's sweet face :)

BEFORE...




AFTER...



This photo of the kids with heads bowed in prayer just really touches my heart. I can tell you that I don't think I've ever thanked God for a new pair of shoes. I may have said a little thank you to the designer for coming up with something so cute and fabulous but never the Lord for providing the money that I needed to buy them. This simple act of a prayer of thanks just shot through my heart and reminded me again of how blessed I am and how much I take for granted.

Comments

Popular Posts